Best Carpet Store in Los Angeles（or Shop Online)：Carpet Product Knowledge Boutique
What is the classification of carpets?
Carpets are classified according to carpet manufacturing methods. Carpets can be divided into machine-made carpets and hand-made carpets according to different manufacturing methods. Machine-made carpets also include tufted carpets and woven Wilton carpets, woven Akhmenster carpets a) tufted carpets belong to a broad category of mechanically-made carpets, which are not warp and weft interwoven, but are made by weaving pile yarns. They are made by weaving pile yarns into cloth. The cloth has been continuously applied until the end of the year. The cloth has been applied to the seam of the tire. The cloth has been thoroughly applied to the seam of the tire.
Carpet classification Carpets can be divided into machine-made carpets and hand-made carpets according to different manufacturing methods. Machine-made carpets include tufted carpets, woven Wilton carpets and woven Akminster carpets
A) tufted carpet This carpet belongs to a major category of mechanically manufactured carpets. It is made by inserting pile yarns on carpet base cloth through steel needles instead of interweaving warp and weft, and then gluing and holding the city head in the subsequent process. Due to its high production efficiency, this carpet is the first choice for hotel decoration, and it can be said to be of good quality and low price.
B) woven welton carpet The carpet is formed by interweaving warp yarn, weft yarn and pile yarn, and finishing after gluing, shearing, etc. Since this carpet craft originated from Wilton area in England, it is called Wilton carpet. This loom is a double-layer fabric, so its production efficiency is relatively fast.
C) woven akminster carpet The carpet is also made by weaving warp yarn, weft yarn and pile yarn, and finishing after gluing, shearing, etc. The technology used in this carpet originates from Akminster, UK. This loom is a single-layer fabric with very low machine speed, and the weaving efficiency of carpet is very low. Its efficiency is only 30% of that of Wilton loom, belonging to the most high-grade machine-made carpet.
D) other 1. Hand-made carpets 2. Manual bayonet carpet
A) commercial carpets Broadly speaking, it refers to all carpets except carpets for domestic and industrial use. Commercial carpets are still limited to hotels, hotels, writing sub-buildings, offices, restaurants and other places in China, while in the United States and western developed countries, commercial carpets have been widely used in airports, terminals, wave boat halls, station waiting halls, supermarkets, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, nurseries, theaters and other places in addition to the above-mentioned use places. With economic development and social progress, the use range of surface carpets will gradually increase and their coverage will be wider.
B) household carpets As the name implies, household carpets are still parked on pieces of carpets in our country, because the decoration of Chinese families is still mainly wood floors, while in developed western countries, household carpets are a combination of full floor and pieces of carpets, and China's household carpets have great potential.
C) industrial land blankets Industrial land blankets from home to abroad are still limited to cars, planes, passenger ships, trains and other decorative purposes.
3, according to the different classification of raw materials Pure wool carpet-mainly made of wool.
Chemical fiber carpet-(synthetic fiber) is made of nylon fiber (nylon), polypropylene fiber (polypropylene fiber), polyacrylonitrile fiber (acrylic fiber), polyester fiber (polyester fiber), set yarn, silk, PTT and other chemical fibers as the main raw materials.
Plastic carpet-made of PVC resin, plasticizer and other auxiliary materials as the main raw materials.
Generally speaking, what fibers are used to make pile yarns is what carpets are customarily called, for example, wool carpets when wool is used as the raw material of pile yarns; Carpets made of blended yarn usually contain wool, so it is called wool blended carpet. Nylon carpet is made of nylon. Common fiber materials for carpet velvet yarn are divided into natural fiber, chemical fiber and blended fiber. The natural fibers include wool, silk, cotton and jute. Chemical fibers include viscose staple fiber, nylon B CF filament and staple fiber, acrylic staple fiber, polypropylene B CF filament and staple fiber and polyester staple fiber. Blended with wool/nylon, wool/viscose, wool/acrylic, wool/polyester, wool/jute, etc.
1. Wool carpet Wool carpets are mainly made of wool. It has fine hair and natural elasticity, and can quickly recover to its original state after being pressed. Natural fiber is adopted, without static electricity, not easy to absorb dust, and has natural flame retardancy. Pure wool carpet is beautifully patterned, elegant in color and luster, not easy to age and fade, and has the characteristics of sound absorption, warmth retention, comfortable feet, etc.
In addition, woven wool carpets can be divided into the following categories according to the wool content in the pile yarns:
A. pure wool carpet: wool content ≥ 95%; B wool carpet: 80%≤ wool content < 95% C wool blended carpet: 20%≤ wool content < 80%; D blended carpet: wool content < 20%.
2. Chemical fiber carpet Chemical fiber (synthetic fiber) carpet is made of nylon fiber (nylon), polypropylene fiber (polypropylene fiber), polyacrylonitrile fiber (acrylic fiber), polyester fiber (polyester fiber), set yarn, PTT and other chemical fibers as the main raw materials. Its biggest characteristic is strong wear resistance, and it overcomes the defects of pure wool carpet that it is easy to corrode and mildew. However, the flame retardancy and antistatic property are relatively poor.
Even if carpets produced by the same manufacturing method are used, carpets with different appearance effects will be produced due to factors such as raw materials, pile form, pile height, hand feel, texture and density. Common types of carpet surface texture include:
1. plush carpet It is the most common type of cut pile carpet. The pile length is 5 ~ 10 mm, and broken pile can emerge on the carpet surface, which is flat and uniform.
2. Velvet carpet The pile length is about 5mm, and the pile on the carpet surface is dense, producing velvet effect.
3. Saxony carpet The pile length is about 15mm, the pile yarn is twisted and heat-set, and the pile produces the effect similar to that of optical fiber and has plump texture.
4. Strong twist carpet The elbow yarn carpet. The twisting twist of pile yarn is large, and the carpet surface has a hard touch and strong elasticity. The direction of pile is uncertain, so the carpet surface has a special emotional appeal and personality.
5. Long pile carpet The pile length is over 25mm, which is thick and long, and the carpet surface is thick and elegant.
6. Flat pile carpet The pile is loop-shaped, with uniform and neat loop height. Compared with cut pile, it is moderately firm and smooth, and feels comfortable to walk.
7. high and low loop pile carpet (including multi-layer high and low loop pile) The loop height is generated by the change of the feeding length of the pile yarn. The carpet surface has a level of ups and downs. Some form geometric patterns, and the carpet has a three-dimensional effect.
8. Cut/loop carpet (including flat cut/loop carpet) Generally, the height of the cut pile portion of carpet exceeds the height of the loop pile, and the loop pile head will not be damaged when trimming and leveling the cut pile head. The two pile heads can be mixed to form the geometric pattern of the carpet surface, which has the effect of plain jacquard. The cutting technology content of flat cut/loop carpet is also relatively high.
9. Flat Carpet That is, there is no upright pile on the carpet surface, just like the result of a flat carpet, in which a part of the needled carpet is brushed on the carpet surface with a pricking roller, thus producing the texture of the hairy carpet.
1. Full carpet The range of this carpet is generally 3.66 ～4m. Full carpet refers to the method of cutting and splicing according to the conditions of the indoor area to meet the requirements of full carpet when the room width of the laying place exceeds the carpet width. The bottom surface of the carpet can be directly glued with the ground, or the carpet surface can be tightened to make the carpet and the ground slip very little, and nails can be used to locate the wall roots around. Full carpeting is generally used in living rooms, wards, conference rooms, offices, halls, guest rooms, corridors and other occasions.
2. Blankets The shape of the carpet is rectangular. The unit of measurement is block. Most of the block carpets are woven carpets, with fine workmanship, complex and colorful patterns, and high-grade carpets have certain artistic appreciation value. The width of the blanket is generally not more than 4m, and the length and width have an appropriate proportion. The blanket is laid on the ground, but it is not glued to the ground and can be rolled out or rolled up at any time for storage. In addition to being laid, the carpet can also be hung on the wall as a tapestry, and can also be used as a front foot carpet, an elevator carpet, an artistic foot mat and the like.
3. Blankets Pieces of carpet are also called carpet bricks. Their overall dimensions are generally 500mm×500mm, and there are also 450mm×450mm or rectangular. The carpet surface is generally tufted, and the backing and middle lining cloth are more exquisite. The finished product has a certain stiffness and can be adhered to the ground or directly paved. The structure of the patchwork blanket is stable and elegant, and the blanket surface can be printed or pressed into patterns. It is very convenient to carry, store, assemble with terrain, and replace and assemble in blocks. In particular, high-rise buildings, ships, airports, computer rooms and office buildings are suitable, and the domestic market has been very active in recent years.